Mowbray & Son, Inc.

M & S Sheet Metal, Inc.


Mechanical Contractors     

Since 1916    


Harry Mowbray

1st Generation

Harry L. (Bud) Mowbray

2nd Generation


Company History


The firm originated in 1916 when Harry Mowbray and Ernest A. Lewin opened an office at 142 1/2 Main Street South, and the business emerged as Mowbray & Son when Harry L. Mowbray joined his father in 1935. A building erected in 1947 at 300 North Broadway served the firm until 1970 when the site was required for the building of Second Street viaduct. Mowbray & Son, Inc. and its related business, M & S Sheet Metal, now occupy a spacious new structure on the Highway 2 & 52 Bypass which opened in 1970. Harry W. Mowbray joined the firm in 1972 and Harry T. Mowbray joined in 1998 to carry on the tradition of Mowbray & Son in Minot.

Beyond serving the needs of its individual patrons, Mowbray & Son has gained wide recognition in the commercial and contracting fields. Over the years, the list of our projects has become a lengthy one, including installations at the CP Hotel, Minot YMCA, Trinity Hospital, Lutheran Homes, St. Joseph Hospital, Minot Water Treatment Plant, Magic City Campus, Ramstad Jr. High, Medical Arts Clinic, Milton Young Towers, Henry Towers, Ward County Jail, Centennial Medical Center, Physicians Office Building, MSU Dome, All Seasons Arena, Armed Forces Reserve Center, Burdick Job Corp Center, MLT Reservation Center, Moore Hall at Minot State University, MSU Library at Minot State University, Sportsworld Stadium, Sykes, Trinity Cancer Care, Office Max, ReliStar, MAYSA Twin Rinks, the New Minot YMCA, numerous local schools, Dakota Square projects, the Wellington, Minot Police Station, various Minot Air Force Base projects and Minot State University projects, just to name a few.


In addition to local projects, Mowbray & Son has also completed various out-of-town projects. These include, the Basin Electric Office Building, State Laboratory Building, The Heritage Center, heating and cooling upgrade at the State Capitol Building, all of which are in Bismarck. Others include the New Town Justice Center, Four Bears Casino, Community Center, and Community College, all in New Town, along with numerous performance contracts in Minnesota & South Dakota.